Welcome Back 2020/2021
BUS STOP INFORMATION for the 2020-21 School Year: Transportation E-Link. Parents can refer to Instructions for complete information on how to access our e-link.(Please note: The actual link in the instructions will not take you to the site. Please click on Transportation E-Link above to access the actual site.)
2020/21 Return to School Safety: Transportation 2020/21 New Safety Protocols
In-District Transfers and School of Choice students are responsible for their own transportation. Transportation is NOT provided due to limited capacity.
High School And Middle School Bus Stops
These stops are placed at main road and subdivision entrances. These stops are established through consideration of safety and efficiency of operations relating to bell times, and the continuance of route pickups and drop-offs related to middle school and elementary schools following high schools.
Student safety and security is a primary concern for our District. Please be aware that as a rule, we do not allow alternate bus stops, special requests or arrangements to have students ride with friends to accommodate social or travel schedules. Notes from parents are not accepted as permission to ride or alter any District transportation schedule or stop. Due to the 11,000+ students we transport daily, it is impossible to receive and approve late notices of an emergency change. Parents are responsible for the safety of their students to and from all District bus stops appropriate to your route. The Transportation Director must be contacted and approve any change that may occur in an emergency. This is done to protect and account for each student who is eligible to ride a District School Bus.
Transportation Department Responsibilities
The Transportation Department has numerous responsibilities. The department's main responsibility is safely transporting students to and from school. Other responsibilities include notifying the news media regarding school closings, scheduling field trips throughout the District, transporting students involved in athletic events, maintaining our bus fleet, training individuals and new bus drivers for the District.
In order to be as efficient as possible, it is important for us to know who will require Pupil Transportation services. If we assume every eligible student will ride the bus we will have many more bus routes than necessary. Therefore, we ask that you help us as we plan out routes for the coming school year by letting us know whether or not you will require transportation services. To do so, please complete the Transportation Request Form that is provided during Enrollment or complete any Transportation forms that are included with packets at your students' school. This and other forms can be obtained by clicking on the link in our Quick Access Links to the side.
Who's Who in Pupil Transportation
Transportation Department Phone Number: 586-723-2160
Email: Transportation Email
- Mahlon Williams, Director of Pupil Transportation. Contact Mahlon with any Pupil Transportation concerns including Mapping/Addressing, Boundaries, Routing/Planning, and Bus Stop information. Email: email@example.com
- Patricia Brohl, Transportation Coordinator. Contact Patti for any Special Ed/Early Childhood routing information, parent or student concerns, bus stop questions, Driver complaints/concerns, new students or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Brioc - Transportation Coordinator Communications & Scheduling. Contact Dave for any parent or student concerns, bus stop questions, Driver complaints/concerns, new Hires, students or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: email@example.com
- Heidi Shagena, Transportation Secretary. Contact Heidi for vendor purchases, General invoice related questions, Payroll, Office related issues or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Gardner, Transportation Dispatcher. Contact Jennifer regarding field trips, shuttle schedules or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: email@example.com
- Transportation Clerk. Contact regarding field trip invoicing, Transportation request forms or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Stop light procedure
To determine the school which your address is assigned to, please click on the School Locator link below or picture above. You may also use this link to verify that a specific address lies within the boundaries of the Chippewa Valley School District.
As we all live different lives due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our District is committed to providing as many resources, updates, and information to be the most helpful we can during this ever-changing environment. As we learn more we will continue to update the main District page here Covid 19 with whatever information we feel will be beneficial to our students, parents, community, and staff.