PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE: In-District Transfer students are responsible for their own transportation. School of Choice students are NOT provided transportation.
High School And Middle School Bus Stops:
These stops are placed at main road and subdivision entrances. These stops are established through consideration of safety and efficiency of operations relating to bell times, and the continuance of route pickups and drop-offs related to middle school and elementary schools following high schools.
Student Safety and security is a primary concern for our District. Please be aware that as a rule, we do not allow alternate bus stops, special requests or arrangements to have students ride with friends to accommodate social or travel schedules. Notes from parents are not accepted as permission to ride or alter any District transportation schedule or stop. Due to the 11,000+ students we transport daily, it is impossible to receive and approve late notices of an emergency change. Parents are responsible for the safety of their students to and from all District bus stops appropriate to your route. The Transportation Director must be contacted and approve any change that may occur in an emergency. This is done to protect and account for each student who is eligible to ride a District School Bus.
Transportation Department Responsibilities
The Transportation Department has numerous responsibilities. The department's main responsibility is safely transporting students to and from school. Other responsibilities include notifying the news media regarding school closings, scheduling field trips throughout the District, transporting students involved in athletic events, maintaining our bus fleet, training individuals and new bus drivers for the District. Kindergarten Round-up program for new kindergarten students who will be starting school in the fall.
In order to be as efficient as possible, it is important for us to know who will require pupil transportation services. If we assume every eligible student will ride the bus we will have many more bus routes than necessary. Therefore, we ask that you help us as we plan out routes for the coming school year by letting us know whether or not you will require transportation services. To do this please complete and return a Transportation Request Form, this and other forms can be obtained by clicking the link above.
Who's Who in Pupil Transportation
- Thomas G. Korth, Director of Pupil Transportation. Contact Thomas with any Pupil Transportation concerns including Mapping/Addressing, Boundaries, Routing/Planning, and Bus Stop information. Email: email@example.com
- Patricia Brohl, Transportation Coordinator. Contact Patti with any parent or student concerns, Special Ed/Early Childhood students, bus stop questions, driver concerns, new students or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Brioc - Transportation Coordinator Communications & Scheduling. Contact Dave at email@example.com
- Stephanie Cabral, Transportation Secretary. Contact regarding new student information bus stop information, vendor purchases or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Gardner, Transportation Dispatcher. Contact Jennifer regarding field trips, shuttle schedules or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: email@example.com
- Heidi Shagena, Transportation Clerk. Contact regarding field trip invoicing or general questions relating to the Pupil Transportation Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Department Phone Number: 586-723-2160
Bus Stop light procedure
To determine the school which services a specific address, please click on the School Locator link below. You may also use this link to verify that a specific address lies within the boundaries of the Chippewa Valley School District.
To find your child's bus route, please click on the School Bus Stop Ahead sign. Your User Name is your Student ID. Your Password is also your Student ID. You can locate your Student ID on the Parent Portal, your child's schedule or their ID badge. Please refer to the Parent eLink Instructions for complete details.