Science Olympiad Goals
To create a passion for learning science by supporting elementary and secondary Science Olympiad tournaments at building, district, county, state and national levels with an emphasis on teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
To improve the quality of K-12 science education throughout the nation by changing the way science is perceived and the way it is taught (with an emphasis on problem solving and hands-on, minds-on constructivist learning practices). This goal is accomplished through training workshops for parents and coaches.
To celebrate and recognize the outstanding achievement of both students and teachers in the areas of science and technology by awarding thousands of certificates, medals, trophies and scholarships.
To promote partnerships among community, businesses, industry, government and education.
MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND HIGH SCHOOLS
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Location: Macomb Community College- South Campus (12 Mile and Hayes)
- Link to MS/HS tournament schedules, maps and information
- Date: Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Location: MSU Regional placers qualify to advance.
- Date: Saturday March 4, 2023
- Location: Chippewa Valley High School
- Link to elementary tournament schedules, building map and information
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Location: Macomb Community South Campus (12 Mile and Hayes)
- Link to tournament schedule, campus map, and information
The Macomb County site can be a helpful resource for head coaches, coaches, parents and students as they prepare for their event(s). They also have results from each tournament if a link becomes broken above.
Contributions to support this program are always appreciated. Although no thanks is big enough, Donations are Acknowledged through community relations and at the year end school board presentation.
Parents if you have questions specific to your school they should be directed to the head coach or building principal.
District Coordinator: Kristina Flemming