Little Turtle Early Childhood Center
Dear Little Turtle Families,
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has asked all schools in the state to close beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. This closure includes Little Turtle Early Childhood Center which also includes preschool classes at Mohawk Elementary.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support during this time. We will continue to communicate our plans with you as we receive updates.
To current Little Turtle Families:
There will be no April Tuition due. We will send out communication regarding future tuition payments as we are updated. We are grateful for your continued support during this unprecedented time. We look forward to seeing our students and families again hopefully soon. Keep safe and be well!
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Registration link: https://chippewavalleyschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- Little Turtle has a new registration website.
- All program registrations will be online.
- Please see "Registration Information" section below for additional information.
- Class days/times are listed under "Parent Information" below
The following programs are offered at Little Turtle:
2 1/2 hour Preschool
Classes available for 3 and 4 year olds. Our preschool program includes teacher guided, independent and group activities that support social & emotional development, literacy, math, science, language arts and more. Classes are available 2 or 3 days a week in the morning or afternoon. Child must be 3 or 4 years old by September 1st of the current school year. Children must be fully potty trained.
**4 year old classes also available at Mohawk Elementary.
Young Fives (Mohawk Elementary location only)
The Young Fives program is designed for young children who will be five years old on or before December 1 of the current school year. Small group attention is provided for developing social, motor, language and math skills through smaller class sizes and enriching experiences. Classes are available both AM and PM, Monday - Thursday, 3 hours per day.
Extended Day Program
Our extended day program is open from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm. A 12 hour weekly minimum is required. Days and times are selected at enrollment. Please note, drop in times are not available. Attendance is billed hourly for the time the child is present. Children enrolling in the 3 and 4 year old classes must be 3 or 4 by September 1st of the current school year and fully potty trained.
- All day Preschool (3 and 4 year olds): Provides learning opportunities throughout the day. Our preschool program includes teacher guided, independent and group activities that support social & emotional development, literacy, math, science, language arts and more.
- Infants/Toddlers: Our Infant/Toddler program provides loving and nurturing care in a safe environment while allowing the children to learn and explore through age appropriate activities. Care is provided for children 6 weeks up to 3 years old. Toddlers classes are divided into 2 age categories. Young toddlers (approx. 14 months - 24 months) and Older Toddlers (24 months - 3 years old).
- Summer Program: The summer program offers a variety of exciting learning opportunities for children between the ages of 6 weeks to 7 years old. We offer play-based learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom.
Tuition rates and a list of 2 1/2 hour preschool classes and Extended Day classes can be found in the "Parent Information" section.
2020-2021 Registration - Registrations will be online for all programs.
- Registration link: https://chippewavalleyschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- Eleyo Help Sheet - Instructions on creating an account.
- Current families - Registration begins Tuesday, March 3rd at 7:00 am. (must have a child currently enrolled in the program)
- New families - Registration begins Wednesday, March 11th at 8:00 am.
- All program registrations will be online.
- All registrations will be pending until all information has been verified.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for fall registrations to be processed and 6-8 weeks for summer registrations to be processed.
- There is a non-refundable registration fee of $75/child and $90/2 or more children.
- A $200 security deposit per child will apply to Extended Day registrations. (amount will be applied towards year end balance, if any)
- 1st month's tuition will be due for 2 1/2 hour preschool registrations,(amount will vary dependent on class schedule chosen.)
- Children enrolling in the 3 and 4 year old preschool programs must be fully potty trained.
- Birth Certificate, Health Appraisal form and Immunization record are due prior to the 1st day of school.
If your preferred class is not available, you will have the option to enroll on a waitlist. You will be contacted if your desired class becomes available.
To make a tuition payment for 2 1/2 hour preschool click on the link below: