Chippewa Valley Schools is proud to announce an exciting opportunity for students who are not prepared to return to school in the fall. CVS will be following health and safety recommendations from the State of Michigan and CDC for in person instruction, but we recognize that some families face challenges that make returning to school difficult. We will be providing a virtual option for students to meet the needs of those looking for a rigorous virtual opportunity for their education – the Chippewa Valley Virtual Academy (CVVA).
What families can expect from the CVVA:
- Online learning opportunities for students in grades K-12.
- The same rigorous curriculum offered in our traditional buildings.
- Courses taught by certified, highly qualified CVS teachers.
- Courses housed in the Schoology platform.
- A combination of live and recorded lessons in addition to independent learning activities.
- Parents can monitor progress through PowerSchool and seek input from teachers when needed.
- Access to most classes offered in person at our buildings, although some courses do not lend themselves to online learning/scheduling and will not be available through the CVVA.
- Traditional grading and assessment based on the same standards used in our traditional buildings.
- Access to academic counseling and other services available to all CVS students.
Learning at Home
Families choosing the CVVA should be able to provide a structured home learning environment. We find students who succeed in online learning:
- Have a structure in place at home that mirrors a traditional class schedule.
- Have adult support at home to provide guidance and assistance, especially with elementary age children.
- Work well independently.
Looking for more information?
Click this link to access more details or to register for the CVVA.
Registration for the CVVA will close on
The registration deadline for the CVVA has been extended through August 13th.
Enroll for the CVVA at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CVVA