Chippewa Valley Schools, in partnership with the community, will provide a safe, inviting and supportive environment that engages students and prepares them to be successful and to contribute in an ever-changing world.
We recognize that we have children and families in our school district that are in need of assistance. To help provide our families with available resources we have created the links below. If you are in need of help and don't know where to turn, please contact your school social worker for more information.
Free or Low Cost Community Services:
- MiChild/Healthy Kids (coverage up to age 19) http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-2943---,00.html , and click on Health Care Coverage
- The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) pays toward heating bills 800-866-8429 or www.thawfund.org
Macomb County Habitat for Humanity:
Located at 130 N. Groesbeck Hwy, Mt. Clemens 48043. To qualify for a Macomb Habitat house you must meet four basic qualifications:
Ability to Pay:
a) make a minimum of $20,000 per year, maximum depends on family size.
b) debt-to-income ratio at 40% or less.
c) credit criteria (see application)
Need: currently living in substandard housing
Willingness to Partner: 250 sweat equitiy hours per adult in household.
Macomb County Resident: for at least 6 months.
www.macombhabitat.org Applications will be reviewed as they are received, spots are limited. (586) 263-1540 or email@example.com
Macomb County Resource LIsts:
Below are the links to related websites:
- Adult and Community Education
- Blackboard / MOST
- Bond Updates
- Boys and Girls Club of Southeast Michigan
- Clinton-Macomb Public Library
- Clinton Township
- CVS Environmental and Water Quality Information
- Fraud Hotline
- Girls Softball League
- Macomb County Head Start
- Help for Families
- Indian Education Grant
- Macomb County
- Macomb County Health Department
- Macomb Intermediate School District
- Macomb Township
- Michigan Department of Education
- Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families