19120 Cass Avenue, Clinton Twp., MI 48038
PHONE: (586) 723-2200
Craig McBain, Director of Technology
Robyn Oesterle, Network Systems Supervisor
Joseph Valenti, Desktop Support Supervisor
John Morgia, Server Support Coordinator
Sarah White, Instructional Technology Coordinator
Please see Help Desk Online (under Staff Links) for handouts, documentation, tips, and more help.
Technology extends human capabilities through the systematic applications of knowledge, materials, tools, and skills. A technology curriculum integrates the complementary areas of technology education and instructional technology. Technology education is the study of technology and its effects on individuals, society, and civilization. Instructional technology is the application of technology to the teaching and learning process. Technology literacy is the ability to responsibly use appropriate technology to communicate, solve problems, and access, manage, integrate, evaluate, and create information to improve learning in all subject areas and to acquire lifelong knowledge and skills in the 21st century.
Learning with and about technology prepares learners to live responsibly in a democratic, technically driven society. Learners will use technology for knowledge and skill acquisition, communication and information management, problem solving, creative expression, research, design, and product development. Learners become technologically capable when they apply technology across curricular areas and when technology is used throughout the learning process.
Technology equipment will be equitable at each level.
A technologically literate learner:
- explores, evaluates, and uses technology to accomplish, independently and cooperatively, real world tasks;
- develops knowledge, ability, and responsibility in the use of resources, processes, and systems of technology;
- acquires, organizes, analyzes, and presents information;
- expands the range and effectiveness of communication skills;
- solves problems, accomplishes tasks, and expresses individual creativity;
- and applies legal and ethical standards.