Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
Thank you for visiting this new section of our website devoted to school finance and budget information. This site is part of our ongoing efforts to provide community stakeholders with important information about our district and to comply with the new Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Guidelines for Budget and Salary Compensation Transparency Reporting.
As Michigan's 7th largest school district serving more than 16,400 students, we receive the lowest per pupil foundation allowance from the state. To ensure that our school community receives the best return on their investment we are diligent in managing our financial resources and we continually look for new and innovative ways to reduce costs wherever possible.
With more than 2,000 employees, Chippewa Valley Schools is ranked as one of the largest employers in Macomb County according to Crain's Detroit Business and one of Macomb County's most sought after school districts. We offer our students a world class education in some of the finest educational facilities available in the state. Our students enjoy a challenging curriculum, including advanced placement courses, foreign language, award-winning fine arts, and a comprehensive athletic program for middle and high school. Through the generous support of our school community our 2010 Bond Proposal provides our students with interactive 21st century technology in every classroom.
We take pride in our school district and the essential role we play in the continued success of our local community.
If you have any questions related to this site or the information provided please contact our Business Office at 586-723-2120 or the Office of School and Community Relations at 586-723-2240.
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 15 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to;
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
(3) Retirement benefits costs
(4) All other personnel costs
(b) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services
(3) Business and administration
(4) Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit.
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision,
disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care
services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district.
(c) The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
(d) Bids solicited for medical benefit plans.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the
compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district
and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations.
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services.
7. Any deficit elimination plan or enhanced deficit elimination plan the district was required to submit
under this article.
8. Identification of all credit cards maintained by the district as district credit cards, the identity of all
individuals authorized to use each of those credit cards, the credit limit on each credit card, and the
dollar limit, if any, for each individual's authorized use of the credit card.
9. Costs incurred for each instance of out-of-state travel by the school administrator of the district that is
fully or partiially paid for by the district and the details of each of those instances of out-of-state travel,
including at least identification of each individual on the trip, destination, and purpose.
Section 1 - Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
Fiscal Year 2016-2017 1st Amended Budget
Fiscal Year 2016-17 Board Approved Original Budget
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 2nd Amended Budget
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 1st Amended Budget
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Board Approved Original Budget
Prior Year Budgets
Section 2a and 2b - Summary of Expenditures - Expressed in Pie Charts
Section 3a, 3b,3c and 3d - Listing of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, Health Care Plans, Audit Report, and bids solicited for Medical Benefit Plans
Section 4 - Salary and Benefit Description of Superintendent and Employees with Salary Exceeding $100,000
Section 5 - Annual Amount Spent on Dues Paid to Associations
Section 6 - Annual Amount Spent on Lobbying or Lobbying Services
Section 7 -Deficit Elimination Plans
Section 8 - District Credit Cards
Section 9 - Out-Of-State Travel
Section 10 - District Purchasing Policy
Section 11 - District Expense Reimbursement Policy
Section 12 - Statement of Reimbursed Expenses