Wyandot Middle School Student Dress Guidelines Chippewa Valley Schools respects students’ rights to express themselves in the way they dress. All students who attend Chippewa Valley Schools are also expected to respect the school community by dressing appropriately for a K-12 educational environment. Student attire should facilitate participation in learning as well as the health and safety of students and the adults who supervise them. These guidelines are intended to provide guidance for students, staff, and parents/guardians. Minimum Requirements:
• Clothing must cover areas from one armpit across to the other armpit, down to approximately 3 to 4 inches in length on the upper thighs (see image). Tops must have shoulder straps. Rips or tears in clothing should be lower than the 3 to 4 inches in length
• Shoes must be worn at all times and should be safe for the school environment.
• See-through or mesh garments must not be worn without appropriate coverage underneath that meet the minimum requirements of the dress code.
• Hats, hoods, and caps are not allowed unless permitted for religious, medical, or other reason by school administration.
• Specialized courses may require specialized attire, such as sports uniforms or safety gear.
• Clothing may not depict, imply, advertise, or advocate illegal, violent, or lewd conduct, weapons, or the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, or other controlled substances.
• Clothing may not depict or imply pornography, nudity, or sexual acts.
• Clothing may not display or imply vulgar, discriminatory, or obscene language or images.
• Clothing may not state, imply, or depict hate speech/imagery targeting groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, or any other protected classification.
• Sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.
• Clothing and accessories that endanger student or staff safety may not be worn.
The administration at each school reserves the right to determine what constitutes appropriate dress. Students who do not adhere to these guidelines will not be allowed to attend class. Parents will be called if appropriate clothing is not available or the student refuses dress-code appropriate clothing.