DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
While fashion changes, the reason for being in school does not. Students are in school to learn. Any fashion 'statement' that disrupts the educational process or presents a safety risk will not be permitted. Personal expression is only permitted when it follows the district guidelines.
The Chippewa Valley Schools Secondary Student Code of Conduct outlines expectations for dress and grooming on page 22. Highlights of the expectations for dress and grooming are as follows:
- Tank tops, halter tops or tube tops; tops that expose the waistline or midriff area
- Exposed undergarments or clothing that is sheer enough that undergarments are visible.
- All shirts must cover the shoulders.
- Low cut shirt styles.
- Short shorts or skirts - All clothing must extend beyond the student's fingertips while standing with their arms at their side.
- Excessively ripped or torn clothing. No cut-off shorts. No holes above the mid-thigh area.
- Leggings/yoga pants - unless worn with a long shirt or other clothing that covers to mid-thigh.
- Pants not worn at the waistline.
- Clothing with obscene language, sexual innuendo or references to drugs or alcohol. Clothing that harasses or defames individuals or groups of people.
- Hats, sunglasses, head scarves, sweat bands or bandanas.
- Does my clothing expose too much? (No)
- Does my clothing advertise something that is prohibited to minors? (No)
- Are there obscene, profane, drug-related, gang-related, or inflammatory messages on my clothing? (No)
- Do I feel comfortable with my appearance? (Yes)
For pictures showing appropriate and inappropriate dress choices please click here .
ALL hats, book bags, gym bags, backpacks and overcoats are prohibited from being worn or carried in the building.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to make Algonquin Middle School a positive and pleasant place for students to learn, grow and succeed!