2021 Algonquin Football Information
Fall Sports Picture Day
Football and volleyball players will be having team pictures taken on Friday, October 22nd in the gym after school. Student athletes will need to wear their game jerseys for pictures. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Trombley (email@example.com)
Students coming to their first day of practice need to turn in the following items to Mr. Trombley:
1. A physical, completed after April 15th 2021
2. Covid-19 Waiver (CLICK HERE)
Both of these documents only need to be turned in to Mr. Trombley once for the entire 2021-22 school year.
BUS DRIVER SHORTAGE INFORMATION
The district has informed Mr. Trombley that there WILL be busses to take football teams to away games. While this is great news, we would still like parents to prepare for transporting football players to away contests in the event that we lose bus drivers and no longer have transportation. Mr. Trombley will send a Remind101 out to everyone as he confirms what the football transportation situation is. Please sign up for the Remind101 (instructions below) to stay up to date with the most recent information.
The dates for our away football games are currently:
9/21 @ Eppler Middle School (Utica Schools)
10/5 @ Iroquois
10/19 @ Warren Woods Middle School (7th Grade Only)
10/26 @ L'Anse Creuse South
11/3 @ CVHS (This game is listed as a home game for Algonquin but it is at CVHS)
If you have any questions please email Mr. Trombley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Algonquin Football Remind101
All players and parents need to sign up for the Algonquin football Remind101. To sign up, text @443b7fg to 81010 or click the link below. Mr. Trombley and the football coaches will send information through Remind101 first. Things like schedule changes, canceled practices/games, and any other important information will come through Remind101. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Trombley (email@example.com).
After a student joins the football team or makes the cut to be on the volleyball team, there are additional steps that need to be completed.
1. Concussion Test- After making/joining the team, student-athletes need to complete their concussion test if they have not completed one yet while attending Algonquin Middle School. If a student took a concussion test last school year for a sport, they do not have to take it again. 7th grade students, and 8th grade students who have not taken a concussion test for a sport through Algonquin must complete a concussion test. PLEASE NOTE: Students must use a mouse to complete their concussion test. A laptop touchpad is not allowed for completing the concussion testing. Click the link below for instructions on how to complete concussion testing.
2. Online Paperwork- Student-athletes and parents need to go to FamilyID.com and go to the “Find a Program” section to search for Algonquin. This will bring you to a heading that says Chippewa Valley High School. Below that heading your will see “Algonquin Athletic Registration”. Click that to complete the paperwork for football/volleyball.
3. Payment- Student-athletes need to pay for participation in their sport through PaySchools Central. After the roster is finalized, a fee for the sport will be assigned to your child in PaySchools Central. Until then, you won't be able to pay for the sport so please be patient. Mr. Trombley will send a message through Remind101 when the fee has been assigned to everyone. There is a link with directions on how to complete the payment once it is assigned on each of the Algonquin athletic pages. The cost is based on whether students qualify for free/reduced lunch.
No free/reduced lunch- $100
Reduced Lunch- $50
Free Lunch- $25
Covid-19 Football Related Protocol
Chippewa Valley Schools and the athletic departments require students to stay home if they have exhibited any symptoms of being sick within the last 24 hours. Student athletes can return to practices/games after they have not had any symptoms of being sick for 24 hours. If anyone living in the same household as a student athlete is sick, the student athlete should not be attending practices/games until the person has no symptoms for 24 hours. If the student athlete or anyone living in their house has a pending Covid-19 test, they should not attend practice until a negative result is verified. It is vitally important that all students and parents adhere to this in order to have a successful season. If a student athlete is required by the district or county health department to quarantine, they should not attend any practices/games until their quaratine period has expired.
Algonquin 2021 Football Schedule (CLICK HERE)
***Updated as of 9/18/21 Version 2.0***
This webpage will be updated as soon as new information is confirmed by Mr. Trombley. This will be the most up to date source of information regarding football.
Utica Schools Admission Charge for Football Games-
The Utica middle schools charge $1 admission fee at their home football games. Please be prepared to pay this charge when Algonquin plays at their middle schools.
Our Football Program offers your child coaches with a wealth of experience in all levels of Football. We have caring coaches whose number one goal is teach fundamentals and teach the players responsibility, teamwork, and academics. Our main focus is to give players the best possible football experience.
Here is how to get to us easily
From the North
Groesbeck to 16 mile. Turn right. Go over the railroad tracks and turn into Charter Oaks Condominium complex on your right hand side. Briarwood Lane will be the first street on your left
From the South
Head north on Garfield Road. Make a right onto 16 Mile Road. Pass Moravian. Make a Michigan left onto Charter Oaks Blvd about 1/4 past Moravian. Briarwood Lane will be the first street on your left
From the East
Head west on 16 mile toward Groesbeck. Once you pass Groesbeck and go over the railroad tracks, turn right into Charter Oaks Condominium Complex. Briarwood Lane will be the first street on your left.
From the West
Head east on 16 mile toward Groesbeck. Once you pass Moravian, make a Michigan left about 1/4 mile past Moravian into Charter Oaks Condominium Complex. Briarwood Lane will be the first street on your left.
Algonquin Middle School
19150 Briarwood Lane
Clinton Township, MI 48036
7th Grade Head Football Coach
Mr. Tom Stout
7th Grade Assistant Football Coach
Mr. David Miller
8th Grade Head Football Coach
Mr. Andrew Valentine
8th Grade Assistant Football Coach
Mr. Brad Akans
Mr. Derek Trombley