To enroll your child at Miami Elementary you will need to have:

  • A registration form completed.  Click on the attached link to fill out and print, or contact the school office if you cannot print a copy.   Parents - Enrollment
  • A current lease agreement (dated within the last 6 months) and one utility bill (DTE, Consumer Energy, Cable) with your name on it , or closing papers on your home (dated within the last 6 months) and one utility bill (DTE, Consumer Energy, Cable) with your name on it ; OR 2 utility bills (No shut off notices) showing your name and address;  If you are living with someone else and everything is in their name, please contact the school to get information about residency verification
  • A current Michigan Driver's License or State ID showing the correct, current address
  • The child's original birth certificate with the raised seal; OR a certified copy.  If the birth certificate is in another language you will need to have the birth certificate translated for enrollment
  • current immunization record, which must include:
  • 2 doses of MMR
  • 3 doses of hepatitis B vaccine
  • 3 doses of polio vaccine
  • 1 dose of varicella vaccine or documented history of chickenpox
  • a completed tetanus series

For new Kindergarten student's we will also need a vision and hearing screening, before the child can begin school.


If you are moving, even within our district, we will need you to provide 2 utility bills with your name at the new address.  It is important for Miami to have current up-to-date information for any mailings, as well as for transportation.

If you are moving out of the Chippewa Valley District and your child will be going to a new school, it is important for you to contact the school before you move to let us know the new address and move date.  By doing this, it allows us to make sure all books are returned, any latchkey fees are paid, and any of your child's things are sent home with them.

If you are moving out of the district, your child can finish the school year at Miami Elementary, however you will have to contact the districts Community Relations department to apply for School of Choice for the following year.  Your child will not be enrolled at Miami the following year without the approved School of Choice paperwork.  Feel free to contact Miami's office at 586-723-6000 for Community Relations number.