Iroquois Middle School Athletics
GIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
Please check the girls basketball page for tryout days and information
SPORTS SEASONS (ROUGHLY)
Boys Football - starts before school, end of August to End/October/Early November
Girls Volleyball - 2nd day of school - tryouts to Early November
Boys Basketball - November to January
Girls Basketball - January to March
Track - April to May
LIFE OF AN ATHLETE
Click here for the website
Click here for the Athletic Code of Conduct
Click here for the Physical Form
Click here for the Transportation Form
Click here for the PaySchools Site
DIRECTIONS TO AWAY SCHOOLS:
Algonquin Middle School, Click here
Anchor Bay North Middle School, Click here
Anchor Bay South Middle School, Click here
Bemis Jr. High School, Click here
Lanse Creuse East Middle School, Click here
Lanse Creuse North Middle School, Click here
Lanse Creuse Central Middle School, Click here
Lanse Creuse South Middle School, Click here
Malow Jr. High School, Click here
Richards Middle School (Fraser), click here
Romeo Middle School (Old High School), Click here
Seneca Middle School, Click here
Shelby Jr. High School, Click here
Wyandot Middle School, Click here
ATHLETICS COMMON QUESTIONS:
1) Is my current physical good for next school year? Physicals for the 2023-2024 are only good if they are dated after April 15th, 2023. If they are dated before that, you will need to obtain another physical to be eligible to participate. Ascension Urgent Care is one of the best places to go to get a physical without an appointment.
2) How do I access the physical form? Click here to print it.
3) How can I access the athletic code of conduct? Click here to print it.
4) How do I know when my sport starts? Click on the link to the various sports. Each sport has an announcement section where important information is stored as well as phone numbers and email links to contact the coaches. Football & Volleyball are in the beginning of the year and run from September to late October/Early November. Boys basketball runs from November to January. Girls Basketball runs from January to March. Track runs from April to May.
5) Are students who play sports held to an academic standard? Yes but not quite like the high school athlete. Students will get a weekly progress report (Eligibility letter). It is determined by work turned in and behavior. If a student receives an eligibility letter, they either have missing/incomplete assignments or behavior issues. That first week, the athlete is put on probation which allows them to practice and play in contests. If they get a letter in consecutive weeks from the same teacher, the athlete's status is ineligible. That means they can still practice but not compete in that week's contest(s). They must be cleared the following the week by not getting a letter from that same teacher. If the athlete gets a letter in a third consecutive week, they remain ineligible and so on.
Iroquois Athletic Coordinator
Mr. Jeff Vitale