Mission and Vision Statement:
We choose to inspire, believe, achieve, and lead
to empower learners for a lifetime of success.
Cherokee...a GREAT place to be!
- INSPIRE greatness in themselves and others through their actions & words;
- BELIEVE in themselves and in the importance of others;
- ACHIEVE their goals and help others achieve their goals;
- LEAD by living the 7 Habits each and every day.
- every child has potential,
- every child can be a leader,
- the relationships we foster play an important role in our students' success.
We also believe that success depends of six essential ingredients:
- A warm, welcoming and safe environment;
- A knowledgeable, caring and collaborative staff;
- A rigorous, relevant and engaging curriculum that provides students with the skills and mindset necessary for success in the "real-world";
- Comprehensive, consistent, research-based instructional strategies;
- A system that establishes, models and reinforces clear expectations and goal-setting;
- A set of traditions that builds relationships, celebrates our diversity and empowers all students to become leaders.
Destination Imagination Open to all students K-12 with challenges based on STEAM. Challenges are designed to teach the creative process. Many new and exciting hands-on activities.
MACOMB COUNTY CRISIS CENTER If you are in crisis or overwhelmed by any situation, call 586-307-9100 at anytime, to talk to a trained crisis counselor. Confidential, private, and you don't need to give your name.
Managing Anxiety During the Covid-19 Outbreak This list of suggestions is intended to assist parents and families as you work and live in this new environment due to Covid-19.
Registrations Online Student Registration to start June 15th... The COVID-19 pandemic has temporarily changed the way we do business. Generally, this time of year is filled with end-of-the-year celebrations and new student registrations, including our incoming Kindergarten class. While we wait to re-open our schools we are utilizing a new electronic central registration process. This process will allow parents to upload important forms and documents. Please go to https://www.chippewavalleyschools.org/for-parents/enrollment/, or your child’s school for the latest updates. Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times. We look forward to welcoming all of our new students!
Bridges Math Resources The Math Learning Center offers free lessons and publications for bridges math.