Mission and Vision Statement:
We choose to inspire, believe, achieve, and lead
to empower learners for a lifetime of success.
Cherokee...a GREAT place to be!
- INSPIRE greatness in themselves and others through their actions & words;
- BELIEVE in themselves and in the importance of others;
- ACHIEVE their goals and help others achieve their goals;
- LEAD by living the 7 Habits each and every day.
- every child has potential,
- every child can be a leader,
- the relationships we foster play an important role in our students' success.
We also believe that success depends of six essential ingredients:
- A warm, welcoming and safe environment;
- A knowledgeable, caring and collaborative staff;
- A rigorous, relevant and engaging curriculum that provides students with the skills and mindset necessary for success in the "real-world";
- Comprehensive, consistent, research-based instructional strategies;
- A system that establishes, models and reinforces clear expectations and goal-setting;
- A set of traditions that builds relationships, celebrates our diversity and empowers all students to become leaders.
Looking for fun and rewarding work? Join the team of Aides and Directors for the Chippewa Valley SACC (School-Aged Child Care) program. We have openings for many positions, and in many locations throughout the district. Spend your day doing crafts, playing games, and telling stories! Check out the opportunities for this great work by clicking on the Employment link at Chippewavalleyschools.org.
MACOMB COUNTY CRISIS CENTER If you are in crisis or overwhelmed by any situation, call 586-307-9100 at anytime, to talk to a trained crisis counselor. Confidential, private, and you don't need to give your name.
Parent Portal - School Messenger Help Need help with Parent Portal or School Messenger while schools are closed? please visit the link below. If you have further questions please email them to PSHelp@cvs.k12.mi.us.
Ulliance Mental Health Services A trusted provider in services to help keep students emotionally and physically fit, while supporting parents along the way. Ulliance specializes in K-12, offering short-term mental health counseling services. Find out more by visiting our Student Life Advisor page.
Bridges Math Resources The Math Learning Center offers free lessons and publications for bridges math.