The STUDENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM provides group and individual intervention services to students who:
- Are using tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and/or other drugs.
- Have concerns about the substance use of another person who is significant in their life.
- Are having difficulty with anger, stress, grief and loss, or, they are in a period of transisiton (ie, divorce, recent move, etc). These issues increase the risk of tobacco, alcohol, marijuana and /or other drug use.
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL
Students are offered an opportunity to participate in an educational support group that provides factual information about the consequences of drug use; offers support in making healthy choices; and teaches important life skills. Groups meet for an hour once a week, or once every other week, during the school day. The hours are rotated so that participants can keep up with their classwork. Groups are listed below:
- Insight - for students who are concerned about their own alcohol or other drug use.
- Concerned Persons - for students who have issues related to the alcohol or drug use of a loved one.
- Building Personal Power - for students who have difficulty handling anger.
- Grief & Loss - for students who are experiencing grief from the loss of a loved one.
- S4 - Stressed Students Seeking Support - for students who are having difficulty coping.
Students may refer themselves for services, or referrals can be made by a parent, sibling, friend, teacher, counselor, hall monitor or administrator. Basically, anyone with a concern may refer.
Students who want to talk about a concern may contact Mrs.Locke at firstname.lastname@example.org, stop by the Student Assistance Center during the school day; ask a counselor or teacher to contact the Student Assistance Center for them; or simply leave a note under the door of the Student Assistance Center if the specialist is out of the building. The Student Assistance Center is in Room 161 at Chippewa Valley High School, and in the Meeting Room next to the Bus Doors at the 9th Grade Center.
Parents and Caregivers: for helpful websites and counseling resources click on "Resources for Parents" under the "Student Assistance Program" tab, to the right.
Students: the "Above the Influence" tab is for you, Check it out!
Leave a confidential voice mail for
Mrs. Locke, MA, LLPC
Phone: (586) 723-2561 or
GO TO UPCOMING EVENTS and REGISTER TODAY!