Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still enroll in childcare or preschool if I live out of the Chippewa Valley School district?
- Yes. Services are open to all members of the community.
When is registration?
- Our main registration is typically held in March for the summer and fall programs for the upcoming school year. All registrations are done online. Registration information is updated after the new year and posted on our website. Please visit our website after the New Year for updated information.
How do I register for the preschool and childcare programs?
- All registrations are done online at: https://chippewavalleyschools.ce.eleyo.com/
Can I enroll mid-year?
- New students may enroll at any time until February 1st as space permits.
Does Little Turtle close due to Weather and school breaks?
- Little Turtle follows the Chippewa Valley School district calendar for school breaks and weather-related closures. When CVS is closed due to inclement weather, Little Turtle will be closed.
Are snacks and/or meals provided by Little Turtle?
- 2 ½ hour Preschool: Your teacher will inform you of snacks during school.
- Extended day/Infant -Toddler program: All snacks and meals are provided by the parents.
Is transportation available?
- No. Transportation services are not provided to and/or from the childcare facility.
Are tours available?
- At this time, we are only offering virtual tours on our website.
How can I stay informed about Little Turtle news?
- You may check our website throughout the year for new happenings.
Do you have a waitlist and how are they managed?
- Yes, we have wait lists and they are managed online. To be added to the waitlist, you may continue to enroll in the class that is full which will add your name to the waitlist. We fill spots from the waitlist throughout the year whenever we have a withdrawal.
How long will my child remain on the waitlist?
- Your child will remain on the wait list for the current school year in which you are signed up for. We fill spots throughout the year as they become available.
What are the masks requirements?
- Per the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, effective April 26, 2021 the mask mandate has been expanded to include children ages 2 and up.
- Adults and children ages 2 and up are required to wear a mask in common areas. This includes drop off and pick up and any time children leave the classroom and enter the hallway. Face masks will be available for any child who does not have one or has forgotten his/hers at home.
Is there a minimum number of hours that my child must attend in the Extended day and Infant/Toddler program?
- Yes, 12 weekly hours are the minimum for all extended day programs.
Do I pay for days when my child is absent due to illness?
- If your child is enrolled in an extended day program you will have 10 free sick days to use throughout the year. After 10 days you will be charged for a regular day. The 2 1/2 hour program is billed monthly and there is no reimbursement for days due to illness.
How do I obtain tax statements?
- Statements will be available each year after January 1st. If your child is enrolled in the Extended Day program, you can obtain the statement by logging into your Eleyo account at https://chippewavalleyschools.ce.eleyo.com/
- If your child is enrolled in the 2 1/2 hour preschool program, you will need to contact the office to have one emailed or you may also print your payment receipts.