Hawks Track & Field
Coaches: Head coach Mr. Mitch, Mr. Bickers, Mr. Thompson, Ms. Hilton
Students can pick up forms for the 2016 season the week of March 21-24 in the hallway before school.
Practice begins Wed, March 30th.
The boy's team record is 35-0 for the last five years. You can make it 41-0! Come run, jump or throw for the Hawks track team. We need all athletes that can fit track into their busy spring schedule. The Lady hawks also have been outstanding on track. With several top female athletes returning for their senior year, this may be the year where the girls get their first undefeated banner! But it takes a large team of dedicated 7th and 8th grade atheletes to successful. There is an event for EVERYONE!
2016 Boys & Girls Track Schedule
Mon, April 25 vs. Algonquin @ Algonquion (Practice Meet)
Thurs, April 28 vs. Lanse Cruese Central @ Wyandot
Mon, May 2 vs. Iroquiois Middle School @ Wyandot
Wed, May 4 vs. Anchor Bay South @ AB South
Wed, May 11 vs. Seneca Middle School @ Seneca
Mon, May 16 vs. New Haven @ New Haven High School
Mon, May 23 vs. Lanse Cruese South @ Wyandot
Thurs, May 26 vs. District Meet @ Chippewa Valley High School
Field Events start at 3:30 pm
Races will begin at approximately 3:45 pm
***Please be advised that athletes may be required to leave school early to travel to other schools due to bus schedules. These instances are rare.
What should I know about Wyandot Track?
- Practice Monday thru Thursday...Attendance is mandatory!
- Boys & Girls practice and run meets together, but are considered 2 separate teams for scoring.
- A wide variety of events to choose from:
o Field Events - Shot Put, Long Jump & High Jump
o Hurdles - 55 m & 200 m
o Sprints - 70 m, 100 m, 200 m & 400 m
o Distance - 800 m & 1600 m
o Relays - 4 x 100 m, 4 x 200 m & 4 x 400 m
- Every athlete will compete in 3 events for each meet!
- Every athlete receives a Wyandot Track t - shirt!
- Wyandot Track Hoodies & Sweatpants are available for purchase!
- All athletes are required to wear Royal Blue shorts for all track meets
- The district meet has a limited number of entries, so not all team members will be able to participate (see coaches for details)
- One - way transportation will be provided to away meets. Parents must pick athletes up at all away meets (meets typically end about 5:30 pm).