Hawks Track & Field
Coaches: Head coach Mr. Mitch, Mr. Bickers, Mr. Thompson, Ms. Hilton
Students can pick up Track & Field forms for the 2017 season, the week of March 21-24 outside the locker pit before and after school.
- an athletic physical dated April 15, 2016 or later
- Pay to Participate form (payment should be made online)
- an order form for Track & Field clothing (optional)
- tentative practice/meet schedule.
All forms are due no later than Wednesday, March 29th.
Forms need to be turned into Coach Bickers or Coach Thompson.
Come run, jump or throw for the Hawks Boys & Girls track team. We need all athletes that can fit track into their busy spring schedule. NO CUTS!!! Everyone participates in 3 events per meet. There is an event for EVERYONE!
Practice begins Wednesday, March 29th after school until 4:30 pm. Meet in the gym! Dress for the weather!
***Please be advised that athletes may be required to leave school early to travel to other schools due to bus schedules. These instances are rare.
What should I know about Wyandot Track?
- Practice Monday thru Thursday...Attendance is mandatory!
- Boys & Girls practice and run meets together, but are considered 2 separate teams for scoring.
- A wide variety of events to choose from:
o Field Events - Shot Put, Long Jump & High Jump
o Hurdles - 55 m & 200 m
o Sprints - 70 m, 100 m, 200 m & 400 m
o Distance - 800 m & 1600 m
o Relays - 4 x 100 m, 4 x 200 m & 4 x 400 m
- Every athlete will compete in 3 events for each meet!
- Every athlete receives a Wyandot Track t - shirt!
- Wyandot Track Hoodies & Sweatpants are available for purchase!
- All athletes are required to wear Royal Blue shorts for all track meets
- The district meet has a limited number of entries, so not all team members will be able to participate (see coaches for details)
- One - way transportation will be provided to away meets. Parents must pick athletes up at all away meets (meets typically end about 5:30 pm).