The Chippewa Valley High School Student Athletic Advisory Committee consists of forty-seven (47) student-athletes who were nominated to represent their sport and program. The SAAC was formed to provide leadership training to our student-athletes as well as provide a forum for their voices to be heard.
- Promote communication between athletic administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the Chippewa Valley Schools formulation of athletic policies
- Build a sense of community among all athletic programs as well cultivate relationships between the athletic department and school community
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Chippewa Valley Schools (CVS), Macomb Area Conference (MAC), and Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) legislation
- Organize community service efforts
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
The mission of the Chippewa Valley High School Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athletes’ well-being, and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
Members of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee have the opportunity to address issues affecting student-athletes at Chippewa Valley High School; furthermore, members have the opportunity to offer input on issues which may reach beyond our building’s walls and district’s boundaries. The Student Athletic Advisory Committee will facilitate better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all. The Committee will also serve as a gateway of communication among student-athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns will be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issue that may be relevant to CVS, MAC, and MHSAA student-athletes. Through the grass-roots efforts of Student Athletic Advisory Committee, student-athletes will have the opportunity to change the face of interscholastic athletics.